Saturday 16 May 2015

Our kitchen...

So since I've been sharing our home reno's with you guys I'm not entirely sure how I've missed out the kitchen - although I think it could possibly because its not my favourite room in the house and in 'reno' terms we haven't actually done any really. But anyway, I thought I'd share with you a few snaps, the biggest thing we have changed in here is the flooring. The kitchen is completely solid wood and is really beautifully made however, for me, THERE IS A LOT OF WOOD. You can imagine how it was when the flooring was in the same wood too - wood overkill! 

We have toned it down a little with a stone effect tile and most recently replaced all of the cupboard knobs to add a bit of glam. We have given it a lick of paint but it's way too safe and I don't really feel like there is much very cool about this space at all. There is little wall space to hang art or accessories which makes it difficult to introduce colour that way too. I'm working on bringing in some pattern and texture through rugs but even that's difficult with two mucky pup's - are you feeling my dilemma here?
Lighting will definitely change this space and I'm after a feature over the island but again we just haven't gotten around to it yet. 

I WOULD ABSOLUTELY LOVE TO PAINT THE WALLS BLACK. 

This sounds drastic I know, but hear me out. Number 1. There is hardly any wall space to paint and Number 2. The space is very well lit with natural light so I think it could handle it. I think it would make it feel lovely and expensive and tone down the warmth of the wood if I picked the right colour. Now all that there is to do is convince Craig...

...that may take a while!
XOXO



















No comments:

Post a Comment