Monday 13 April 2015

Is your house...

Happy Monday bloggers, I hope you've had a fabulous weekend and are feeling ready to take on the week ahead!

We had a pretty chilled day yesterday with a morning of cleaning and a visit from the family, plus a walk to beach and back but we did manage to squeeze in a little trip to the new Barker and Stonehouse store at Teesside retail park.

OH. MY. DAYS - it's simply DIVINE! 

I was in total awe from the minute we stepped through the door. The place is SO COOL, quite different to how I remember visiting it as a child (I've vivid memories of being dragged around by our parents!)
For me, the brand has always sold 'different' stuff, but it really is excelling itself now, it seems as though its had a slight rebrand which has brought it right into and beyond current trends. My fave picks were some of the one off, bespoke items that had been hand selected and shipped over from different countries, little additions like this make it a special place to shop in comparison to your run of the mill mass produced high street items. They also make it worth visiting on a regular basis knowing that their stock will most probably change often.

I literally wanted EVERYTHING, and was quite disheartened to leave with nothing however I did settle for the visitor experience, feeling this was quite enough to hit my Sunday afternoon pleasure spot.

I managed to stop drooling and capture these few snaps of some of the 'Timothy Oulton' lighting, they were taken on my phone so please excuse the quality, but you should get a feel for the vibe...


 This image is a little dark but there was two AMAZING chandeliers hanging over a suspended dining table and chairs, which all hung low over a staircase - a fab bit of visual merchandising right there!



 I NEEED these in my life ^^^

It really wasn't just the stuff in the store that was lush, but just as much the visitor experience and visual merchandising of the whole place. I didn't get a snap but my fave bit was several vintage typewriters hung on the wall in rows - ingeniously cool and so simple! And next time I'm definitely hitting up the Chadwicks coffee bar on the top floor!

It's really refreshing to see something as high end as this pop up in Teesside, we get a lot of bad rap and we are a little bit behind in terms of design up here so its nice to finally see some cutting edge, exciting stuff going on. 

If you're local and haven't already, give it a visit, it definitely got me fired up to rethinking my home furnishings.

XOXO.

Heres a few snaps from their free spring brochure, which again matches the high end quality of the store and products. They've pulled together looks and inspiration to make your shopping easier. Happy days! If your house isn't already a Barker and Stonehouse, it soon might be!!!


 I ADORE this aviator clock below...








No comments:

Post a Comment