Tuesday 14 April 2015

Oozing inspiration...

PHEWWW! What a day...besides me driving a 2 hour round trip to Harrogate to visit the BCTF (British Craft Trade Fair), I'm pretty sure now, sitting here writing this post, is the first proper real sit down I've had all day - and it just feels lovely! (I'm easy pleased aren't I, tell that to Craig won't you!)

Despite feeling slightly yawny right now, today has been a good day! 
So we popped in to Harrogate for a quick whizz around a few fave spots, ( Two actually, we're slow OKAY) before heading on up to the show ground to visit the BCTF. I did manage to pick up a few bargains on our little journey...

James Brindley Interiors is just DIVINE, if you get to Harrogate soon get in here as at the minute they have some really good pieces on offer with good discounts too! I swiped this gorgeous vase that was previously £70, for just...wait a sec...£30! I couldn't resist it's beautiful shape.























I also picked up this lovely 7 piece set in OXFAM for only £4.99. I mean come on, no body has the right to serve up good coffee in awful pots with steals like this kicking about!










ANYWAY, lets get back to the REAL reason I was there. 

So the BCTF is basically a curation of beautiful craft that has being going strong for more than 20 years, showing off more than 500 exhibitors ranging from ceramics, fine jewellers, artists, textile makers, lighting designers THE LOT.  

I was really impressed with the level of talent and it was great to see whats going on in our industry and also to chat to the makers themselves and gain an insight and advice. There are LOADS of talented people at these things and I did manage to buy a directory so no doubt I will drip feed you some information from the loveliness I saw today over the coming weeks, but for now I'm going to share with you my favourite few.

Nicola Elks was a lovely lady who shared with us loads of advice and the thoughts behind her unique textiles all inspired by touch!
Swag and Tassel are a handbag label that I have spotted during my research, I didn't manage to get much from the stand as they were busy but their stuff is just lush!

 Lauren Scott is the one to watch I reckon! She makes amazing textile sculptures of birds and animals  from completely recycled, vintage fabrics and materials. Her attention to detail is STUNNING and is probably what gives her creatures their mystical, intriguing personas! GORGEOUS!!! Give her website a heads up, she's starting up a blog too! :)







And of course, Joanna Coupland! Whom we had the pleasure to with with through uni. Amazing whimsical work thats just irresistible. Theres no way you could walk away from her products without smiling!


Heres a few snaps I captured at the show of Joannas Stand...






Hopefully I'll be there one day, maybe as a buyer or maybe as a maker - who knows!

XOXO.

(All the images are taken from artists own website/ Facebook unless stated that they are my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment