Sunday 19 April 2015

Gallery walls...

Following this mornings heads up on creating the gallery walls, (visit LillianDaph on Facebook if you missed it), I thought I'd share a quick post on one of my very own.

Granted this is only small, and took very little planning (when I say little I probably mean none as I am quite impatient when it comes to prep work!), but it's the first one we've done in this house and I do plan on creating a much bigger and better one in the hallway once I've collected the right content. 

But for now here's an insight into what you can do with a few charity shop frames, some home photography and a little bit of time (plus nails and a rolling pin - I told you I was impatient. DO NOT share this information with Craig, he would actually kill me if he knew I was banging nails into brick walls with the end of my rolling pin!).

Also I love the idea of having book cases in the home, but I painted this old pine one (again with little prep - it's my area for development I promise) when we first moved in and now I just hate the painted country blue effect, but it's on the to do list. 

So in the meantime; whilst I'm working on my vintage book collection, I'm making do with shoes and treasured bit's and pieces (my wedding hair band included) to fill up the space on this bookcase in my dressing room.  I suppose this kind of links to this mornings post about not creating problems, rather than thinking "I have nothing to put on that bookshelf, I made the best of what I had at the time. Not too shabby ey?








XOXO.

No comments:

Post a Comment