Tuesday 21 April 2015

Is it only Tuesday?

Hey, I hope you are feeling more enthusiastic than I am today - I'm feeling totally 'feathered' out after already spending at least 6 hours sat at a sewing machine embroidering feathers for my final piece (which is due in in 2 & 1/2 weeks!!!). I can't believe it's only Tuesday; I'm shattered already and feel like I need a pick me up so I'm swapping out the lemon water for a Crabbies!

So my final is (hopefully) going to be a fully functioning hanging chair that will be covered in around 450 individual fabric feathers that I have made right from dyeing the fabric, to printing the feather through to embellishing. 



I want this piece to be a bit of a show-stopper, somewhere that 'cocoons' you as you hunker down underneath it's wings hanging from a tree, making you feel content and at peace with the world! The right now here is the reality - I'm loosing love for the thing! I'm writing this post (in between a crazy whatsapp message between my best girlfriends discussing our best friends hen do antics, as a result of her announcing today that she has provisionally booked her wedding venue!!!) as total procrastination to avoid getting the machine out for the night. So to help be prolong this blissful time out, I thought I'd share with you a few of my fave hanging chair designs that I have found as part of my research. The hanging chair is MOST definitely a furniture must have for this summer, whether it be for your garden, sun room or bedroom - a hanging haven is top of my shopping hit list!

I think this baby is a bit of a bargain - it would suit outside or in and you can dress it to your own style with throws and cushions, and they also do it in white too! Find it here on Etsy. (in fact when I've finished writing this I'm thinking of bribing Craig into letting me buy one - it would finish the conservatory off right?)





















As we have had such a lovely day, I'm feeling summer garden vibes and this chair below just hits the patin G-spot perfectly. It is a little more expensive, but look after it and it's a very VERY COOL investment if you ask me. Find this here on Wayfair.




OK so this next one is a product that I have taken great inspiration from, as much as I like the product, it was the concept and the manufacturers passion behind it that grabbed my attention most. As a textile designer, the aesthetic is not AMAZING, but... 

...it is ideal for those who love the great outdoors as it is light and easy to erect so can be taken with you on this cosy camping trips this summer. Check them out at

This cute hammock chair reminds me of holidays and who doesn't love that feeling!? It's the cheapest on the hit list at only £43.03 and would bring a summery,  aid back hippy vibe to either an indoor or outdoor setting. Pick this up on outdoorbg here.

And my final pick, just for the hell of it, cos' we can all dream can't we...

This gorgeous piece had been designed by Urquiola as part of Louis Vuitton's folding collection, "Objet Nomades". Ahhhhhh if only...

Happy chair hanging folks!

P.s I hit bargain store "The Range" yesterday, and of course went in for nothing much, and came out with a trolley load go goodies. I was really pleasantly surprised, they have quite an apt range of little finishing touches...I tried hard to reign it in, so besides surface cleaner and body wash, here is what I picked up, I think the Giraffe is my favorite...



No comments:

Post a Comment